Reflection
This is it.This is the last entry to the short-lived life of my firstborn blog. Today I experience the feelings of joy as well as sadness. Today I and my blog will part ways. And this last entry for many of us will be goodbye, (that is if anyone is still following me). I do have to say, I have become fond of blogging. It ironically has helped me find the beginning of my voice as a writer. The irony you may ask? Well the irony is I thought it was pointless at first. I thought it was a giant waste of time. In-fact I thought I hated it and felt that it was stupid. Now I realize I was throwing a temper tantrum and acting as if I was 5 years old, I was up against something new and I was afraid of doing it wrong. So naturally I did as any mature male would do, I bashed it until I got good enough at it, and now I'm actually liking it. So the idea of a blog is pretty cool actually. My favorite part is that you can use it as a platform to launch ideas and other self imported opinions on the unsuspecting public, Which is pretty cool if you ask me. Also you can use it to showcase things such as : art , poetry, photos, or your fancy new writing skills. Whatever it may be, I'm sure you get the idea. So this last entry I am going to post one last painting and that will be it folks, unless of course somewhere down the road I decide to do another blog. This would also be happenstance if you stumbled across said possible blog, but hey who knows the world is smaller then most tend to believe.I have enjoyed my time exploring the other blogs in our network also, so I would also like to say thank you to all of you for sharing. Farewell and remember that the sky is the limit.
Different
So this pigeon was different then the rest.It like myself was sitting at a bench in the middle of a downpour. I found it odd because unlike the rest of the birds that had flown for cover this one decided he/she was going to sit the rain out. I myself was doing the same as I am strangely drawn to the rain, instead of running from it as most. I oddly find it comforting and look forward to it. I have not come across many other creatures , humans or birds that do. So I decided to move as close to it as possible and sat less then two feet from it. We sat together for about a half hour until the rain ended and then I left. Afterwords cleansed by the rain I felt refreshed and painted this painting. I just like the impression the day gave so commemorated it with a painting.

Larry--It is cool that you connected to the blog project. I appreciate your honesty in this reflection, recognizing where your opinion started and how it evolved. I too have seen your voice develop over the course of these 7 entries, which is very cool. I dare you to keep blogging!
ReplyDelete