Thursday, June 18, 2015

Entry #5  



Food Inc. Review
Food Inc. Is a very informative film about factory farm food, and the way that it is created. If you have not watched this film you probably won't understand this blog post, I highly recommend watching it first then reading this blog. I will provide a link at the bottom of this page for those of you that would like to watch it. If you are on the fence about committing your time to a complete movie without first having a visual idea of what it is about I have provided a link to the trailer at the end of this paragraph.
trer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0

                           
Okay so for those of you that have watched it, I personally was appalled by the actions of corporations and their greed, along with government deception. It is a complete outrage that the greed of industry is allowed and even protected by our very government . Worse yet the individuals we put in place to protect us put corporate bigwigs from the companies they were meant to keep in check and balance in charge of what is allowed and what is not. Clearly a conflict of interest a child could spot. Yet there they are.

Who will watch the  watchers ?  That is my question. The people that's who. While we stand by believing our best interest and health is being protected by officials we put in place to protect us, we have been and are being deceived. Why? For the interest of a few rich corporations. As a society we have become so complacent that we stopped watching long enough to allow this outrage. The methods being used by these factory farms are dangerous and unethical. The treatment and genetic modifications of the animals is very despicable and utterly disgusting. I currently eat as fresh as possible for health benefits, but now I am  going to do my best to eliminate any food that promotes this madness. I find the actions taken to make this type of "food" sickening. The modifications of DNA to promote rapid growth is in itself alarming combined with the treatment of the animals and the antibiotics used is appalling. The excessive amount of antibiotics used for health reasons or benefits of the animals is reckless . This practice has caused an influx of super bugs immune to treatment from traditional antibiotics. And the inhumane act of cutting off beaks of chickens and tails of pigs, along with the unsanitary, confined, cruel,crowded, conditions is just wrong. The whole life of farm factory food is a dismal  sad affair. This is an atrocity that we are all responsible to change. We are all guilty of the neglect that allowed this, so we all should stand up and do our best to fix it. I believe we need to start boycotting the purchase of these " Foods ". I hope that some of you that read this will agree with me and join me in an attempt to rectify this very real problem, and thanks for your time.

 Food inc.link -(https://libprodweb.maricopa.edu/uhtbin/cgisirsi.exe/x/0/0/57/5/3?searchdata1=205985{CKEY}&searchfield1=GENERAL^SUBJECT^GENERAL^^&user_id=WEBSERVER)

1 comment:

  1. We as a society definitely display an almost complete disregard for the numerous other life-forms we have to share the planet with. Well, that may be a little strong. The tide is turning a little bit now finally but what will happen if we just start mass-producing organic food? I gotta believe food conglomerates have a plan in place and ready to go as soon as it becomes a financial necessity. Lord only knows how many short-cuts they'll take to churn out a more profit-heavy product.

    ReplyDelete