Thursday, June 18, 2015

Entry#6


Mactanite
This painting is an abstract piece that I painted  titled  Mactanite. The story behind this painting is rather  boring actually, but its saving grace is something most people miss. The  thing I like the most about this painting is what motivated me to paint it. And that is the tree. This tree in particular  had just been shaped, but it was a rather hasty trim job that was lacking in a couple of areas. It was supposed to be round, but ended up looking as you see it here. To my eye it was a blow-fish  with a face. The face , was that of the character McDonald"s  created ,( some of you may remember it ) its name was Mactanite.  This tree stood there looking very much like  what I saw and in and out flew several blackbirds  adding to my  intrigue of it.  Being the person I am I  found it interesting enough to paint after deciding to place it underwater. I myself was satisfied  with the finished product as were some others who asked me to put it as a mural on a lobby wall for kids, this I did for free as it was for children to  enjoy. Unfortunately the quality and colors are not the best due to the fact it is a picture of the painting, but nonetheless I hope it is as enjoyable to view as it was to paint.  To anyone out there following me, see  you next time around.

3 comments:

  1. Your art work is absolutely beautiful! I love your work and the meaning behind it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I have tried to post my response twice now but it hasn't gone through.I do appreciate your support and admiration though. It is nice to see others appreciate and understand my work.

      Delete
  2. Larry--Good new entries. You bring up some good points for discussion, and you provide some pretty good support. Keep editing carefully.

    Another cool painting. And not that I want to bust up the title of your art, but the McDonald's character to which you refer is Mac Tonight. Google it. I don't think you should change your title though.

    ReplyDelete